The program assists community members who are transitioning from custody and may be experiencing homelessness, social stigma, mental health imbalance and substance use. The reintegration plan include: housing needs; income supports; mental wellness and addictions supports; crisis planning; health care; community and cultural needs; and any other relevant supports and requirements.
WHO CAN ACCESS SUPPORT?
- Any self-identifying, Indigenous person that is incarcerated for any duration of time.
- Age 18 years of age or older.
- Incarcerated within the City of London or City of Sarnia.
- Communities served, but not limited to: Oneida Nation of the Thames, Chippewa of the Thames First Nation, Munsee-Delaware Nation, Kettle and Stoney Point First Nation, Aamjiwnaang First Nation, and Walpole Island First Nation.
HOW WE CAN HELP
- Support with discharge planning
- Explore housing requirements
- Access income support (OW, ODSP)
- Crisis planning
- Assist with attending and participating in ceremony
- Scheduling appointments
- Community Mental Health Programming
- Addiction / Substance involvement / Harm Reduction support
- Accessing legal services
- Accessing physical health services