How it works
- Download and submit the application.
- Giwetashkad will review your documents.
- If eligible, we will provide you with a one-time payment.
Example 1: An applicant has a gross monthly income of $1,400.00.
$1400 x 0.35 (35%) = $490.00; therefore, this applicant should be paying $490.00 for rent.
Example 2: An applicant has a gross monthly income of $1,200.00. The co-applicant has a gross monthly income of $800.00.
$1200 + $800 = $2.000.00; this is the gross household’s monthly income.
$2000 x 0.35 (35%) = $700.00; therefore, this household should be paying $700.00 for rent.
Are you eligible to apply?
You are eligible to apply if:
- You are Indigenous or a self-identifying Indigenous person.
- You are not already receiving a rental supplement.
- Your rent expense is more than 35% of your income
Attach the following to your application:
- Proof that rent was paid during April 1, 2021 to March 31, 2022 is required.
- Proof of income (One month's worth of pay stubs).
- Copy of your lease agreement.