Social Worker | ID: 127 APPLY NOW
Atlohsa Family Healing Services is seeking a motivated and knowledgeable individual to fill the role of a Social Worker. As the Social Worker, you will be part of an inter-professional outreach team working from an Indigenous foundation in both inpatient and outpatient/community settings conducting assessments for Indigenous community members (adults aged 18 to 64) who suffer from serious mental health and/or addiction issues. This position involves working in the Biigajiiskaan: Indigenous Pathways to Mental Wellness Program (BIIG) and reports to the Indigenous Wellness Team Coordinator. This is a challenging and exciting opportunity to work in a collaborative inter-professional environment delivering holistic health care and social services as part of an Indigenous-led Mental Wellness Initiative.
Role and Responsibility
Using a Holistic Indigenous-led approach to principles of patient centered care, and based upon the foundation of best practice, the successful applicant will be responsible for providing counselling, therapy, case management, pscyho-social-spiritual assessments, appropriate referrals, and culturally appropriate and holistic social services, programs, and resources. The Social Worker will assess and interview clients, record accurate and detailed case notes and develop and maintain sustainable treatment plans and relationships with individuals and their networks of support. The Social Worker will work from a “Culture as Care” framework and will provide support towards a health care approach that combines both Traditional Indigenous Healing from local Indigenous community perspectives and the current treatment modalities being employed within St. Joseph’s hospital and ambulatory care teams. The Social Worker is adept at coordinating and collaborating with the interdisciplinary Biigajiiskaan team toward the achievement of patient centered goals. The successful candidate will provide support to program participants in all areas of mental wellness including but not limited to: independent living skills and behavior management; mental health concerns; addictions issues.
- Demonstrated knowledge, awareness and understanding of the creation stories, cultures, languages, histories, and healing practices of the Anishinaabe, Haudenosaunee and Lenape people
- Bachelor of Social or Master of Social Work from an accredited university
- Current Registration in the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers
- Demonstrated 2 years of experience in family therapy, group therapy, and individual therapy
- Ability to work independently and to quickly establish collaborative relationships within an inter- professional team Effective communication (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with others in a respectful manner
- Current Vulnerable Sector check required
EMPLOYMENT TERM: Full-Time, 40 hours/week
CLOSING DATE: Until filled
SALARY: Competitive compensation and benefits package based on qualifications
Individuals of Indigenous Ancestry are strongly encouraged to apply. Atlohsa supports diversity in all its various manifestations, however, preferences will be given to qualified, Indigenous applicants.|||London, ON|||Biigajiiskaan||||||kJfUYhiL25_nAuPc|||FULL_TIME|||CAD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false|||