2022 Nominations Now Open
Do you know someone who has made contributions in culture, arts, education, public service, business, or advocacy in the spirit of truth and reconciliation?
Check out our 2020 honourees who are not only addressing needs, they are advocating, improving livelihood, building bridges and breaking down barriers for and with Indigenous communities.
1. The Nominee has made an outstanding contribution, inspiring social change, in the spirit of truth and reconciliation.
2. The work being acknowledged was completed within Ontario.
3. The Nominee must currently reside in Ontario.
4. Nominees may be Indigenous or non-Indigenous.
5. Nominees may be an individual or an organization.
6. Nominees must provide written consent of their nomination via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
7. A Rising Star nomination must be 25 years of age or under in the calendar year of 2022.
8. Atlohsa Staff, Atlohsa Peace Awards Committee Council, and Atlohsa Board of Directors may not submit nominations or be nominated.
9. If an Atlohsa Staff Member, Atlohsa Peace Awards Committee Council, or Atlohsa Board of Directors’ family member is nominated, they must recuse themselves.
10. Past Honourees may not be nominated for the same work or related work.
11. Past Nominees may be re-nominated.
12. Honours for each Grandfather Teaching will be determined by the review committee.
Supporting women and children at risk of violence, abuse and homelessness.
All proceeds support Atlohsa’s Zhaawanong 24-hr Emergency Women’s Shelter, which provides safety for women and children at risk of violence, abuse, and homelessness.
Event details to be unveiled soon!